“Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.” Abraham Lincoln
Is this what God really thinking about waiting?
“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the LORD. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.” Isa 55:8-9
God is different than us… so different in fact that He is, “Beyond anything we could imagine”…
“Stand by the paths, and look around, and ask for the old pathways, where The Good Path is, and walk in it and you will find rest for your souls.” Jer 6:16
To stand still by the paths, and wait…
1. What Path are you following?
Are you standing and waiting for your path to appear to you?
2. How are you following your path?
We stand there waiting with 2 things in mind…
- Expectancy – expecting God to respond in some way to us…
- Hope – for God to react in our lives…
“For since the world began, no ear has heard, and no eye has seen a God like you, who works for those who wait for him!” Isa 64:4
3. What are the requirements of following your path?
- Faith – not in ourselves, but His promise in Christ 1Cor 1:9
- Trust – We must trust in His steadfast love… Ps 37:9
- Patience – Wait patiently for God… Ps 27:14
Rather than waiting “for” God, what if we waited “in” God? As believers we are now “in” God’s family and “in” His Son.
Stand by the paths… and as we’re waiting at our path, remember in Jesus Christ, our Father has Expectancy & Hope is us, just as we have Expectancy & Hope in Him.
We live & wait with God, minute by minute on our path. He is never going to forget about us or walk away from us, because we walk together with Him in Faith, Trust, and Patience.