Have you ever wondered, “If Christ gave a message to the church in our world today, like he to the 7 churches in Revelation, what would he say?” I think his message to us today would be very similar to the message he gave to the believers in the church in Symrna (Revelation 2:8-11).
In this passage Christ doesn’t have anything negative to say about the believers in Smyrna.
- The Purpose of the message;
- To the “angel” of the church of Smyrna – (1Peter 4:10)
- What was Smyrna like?
- The Power of the Words;
- The words of the first and the last;
- The words of Him who died and came to life;
- The Persecutors will fail;
- I know your tribulation
- and your poverty (but you are rich)
- and the slander of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are of the Synagogue of Satan;
- Poise through Suffering;
- Do not fear what you are about to suffer; (Mark 8:36)
- Beware the Prevaricator;
- The Devil is about to throw some of you into prison
- That you may be tested
- For 10 days you will have tribulation
The devil is a liar and the fathers of lies (John 8:44) and he tries to get believers to doubt God.
What does the term “10 days” mean? There was 10 generations before the flood… God gave Moses 10 commandments… A tithe is a tenth of all you possess… The 10th day of the 7th month was the Day of Atonement…
- The Promise;
- Be faithful unto death and I will give you a crown of life;
- The two Possible Futures;
- He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.
- The one who conquers will not be hurt (injured) by the second death
My goal with this podcast is to encourage, enlighten, and inspire us to hold fast to our faith in Christ, no matter what Satan or the devil may devise. Christ has a crown of life waiting for us when all the suffering and tribulation in this world is over.
If you have any comments, please leave them below.